Friday, January 7, 2011

Gingerbead Boys and Girls

I made Gingerbread boys and girls for forty seven for Madison's Christmas party craft in December. I provided enough for the three year (Tues/Thurs, AM/PM) and four year old (Mon/Wed/Fri, AM/PM)programs. This was part of the Gingerbread Man theme for the month. I sent them in individual bags so the kids could take them home after decorating them during the party. It was a success. It was a craft that the teacher and I put together and I did it free of charge. Much more time consuming than anticipated as well. Was expecting to make two batches of cookie dough - ended up making four, as each batch only made about twelve 5" cookies, unlike the 24 it mentioned! The dough also needed to rest for two hours in between. Now I know if I offer my services next year.

I had a little dough leftover so instead of making cookie dough balls I used some cookie cutters and made a couple special ones for my kids. I don't usually take the time, but they had waited so long to try them.

Next year I'll supply the royal icing too :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment