Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Birthday Polka Dots - May 7

Here is the cake I did this past week. She wanted green with blue polka dots. This is what I came up with. I used the purple to tie all the elements together. This was a 10" round chocolate cake with chocolate pudding filling and chocolate icing. I'm becoming rather efficient at making fondant ball borders - I remember the ball border on the Canada Day Cake seemed to take hours! I loved how the lettering turned out as I didn't have any cutouts for the right proportions to the cake. I used my ribbon cutter to get all the sizes the same for each letter and number and eyeballed the rest. Stirling got me the 101 Cookie Cutter Set for Mother's day; which would very much have come in handy for this project. I can't wait to use them - I have so many ideas!

(Madison got me a bird house for Mother's Day that I loved very much too - I can't wait for her to help pick out the colours)

No comments:

Post a Comment