Thursday, August 19, 2010

'Leo' Astrological Cake

Monday I spent making three dozen mini brownies for my daughter's playschool registration so I unfortunately don't think I took any pictures. At the same time my camera batteries are dead and I have had to resort to taking pictures with the BB. I got a rush order for a birthday cake yesterday morning for pickup this morning for word of mouth job (yey - TY Loretta!). She wanted the astrological sign 'Leo' on it; and chocolate chocolate and more chocolate, and a buttercream transfer of course; no short cuts here all made from scratch. Aside from trying to keep on top of the apple situation I have right now with harvesting. I managed to make a big pot of applesauce in between all my preparations for this cake; assembling only took me an hour today. I think it turned out really well - although my overall working surface ended up smaller than my original drawing; the cake must have shrunk? I am very happy with the outcome, and the client was very too.

No comments:

Post a Comment