Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hummingbird Cake


I worked on this cake the end of last week for my repeat client. :o) She loves hummingbirds and she sent me a copy of what her invitation looked like. This cake was a little more decadent, I made chocolate mocha mousse for the filling, and chocolate mocha icing. Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. This was a 9x13 with a buttercream transfer very similar to her invitation, it was also for a few ladies who were celebrating, hence the 'Happy Birthday Ladies'. I think it turned out very well, and her company really enjoyed it. I have a couple ladies interested in learning how to do these transfers; any others? Maybe I'll plan a course session, hmmm. Only two more cake projects to go...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Katrina as the ladies indeed were all impressed and I personally loved the cake. I would be interested in doing the buttercream transfer course and I have a girlfriend that would likely as well.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete