Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Valentine's and Grammy's 70th Cake

So far I've done a few baking projects for us, but I've been lax in documenting them and I'm sure you're getting board with seeing the same projects repeated every year. Here are some of the baking I've done as well as my latest paying project.

My annual Valentine cookies just get simpler to do every year. Here is a pic of the way I sent them to school.


This is the cake I made for us for Valentine's Day. I almost thought I had another baking item go missing, then I remembered I lent my heart pan to a friend a few years ago, glad I didn't totally lose it. Mmmm; chocolate, cherries and cream cheese; my cake version of a cherry cheese cake, it was delicious.

This is the cake I made for the family for Easter. I made a white cake with lemon curd, a nice way to make Easter a little less cold and pretend Spring is really here. :oP

The cake that began as a large slab cake with a crossword puzzle theme for a huge bash that was booked in January ended up as an 8" square for a much smaller swuaree by April. I just did this one this past weekend for a fellow board member at my daughter's playschool. She was able to get a sample of my baking when I did all the catering goodies for their annual Christmas Concert. I had great visions for the original cake, but I think the end product turned out alright. The cake was a french vanilla (which was a new recipe) with fresh strawberries and whipped cream filling on two layers; making it a three layer cake. I wasn't thrilled by the smoothness of my buttercream icing when I tried to smooth it out with waxed paper and my fondant smoother, maybe it was too cold. I was really trying to stretch the icing to cover the cake so I only had to make extra for the decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment