Friday, June 19, 2009

"Curious George" Cake

This blog I am setting aside to showcase some of the cakes I have done over the years and to possibly include some of my cake disasters from many years ago. I am currently taking the Wilton Cake Decorating Course 3; having completed Courses 1 and 2 just recently. I feel really confident in what I have made in these past few months and am interested in possibly selling to the public as a very small home-based business. I'm unsure if I want to get into wedding cakes, I would prefer birthdays and other occasions; cakes and cookies. These are some of my creations; I love to experiment with flavours and all different types of icing. Please enjoy!


Made November 2006; this was my first attempt at what I call a real cake; Stirling's first birthday we bought a cake and had a picture of Poko put on the face of it, but none of us were impressed with the quality. Since then I have made all of the family's birthday cakes. This is before I knew anything about piping gel; hence the blue that I used as my grid to try to copy Curious George's head onto the cake. I think it turned out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment