Saturday, June 26, 2010

Another week, another cake...

Sorry no pictures to post this time, everyone. I spent the latter of this week making another VAA cake for my mom's walking club. Same logo as before, except this time I needed to make it refrigeratorless friendly so I opted for store bought premade pudding for filling - thank you Hunt's. This was also my first time making a thick one layer 12X18 half chocolate and half vanilla (yellow). My cake recipes are two different consistency - and I thought for sure from what I could see was that the vanilla had taken over the pan and only left one third of it as chocolate. To my luck the layers actually overlapped one another in the middle equally on a perfect diagnol. Thank goodness buttercream icing is a maliable and forgiveable medium to work with. It hides things so well - note to self - let cake cool more - both before removing it from the pan and when slicing it in half horizontally. I let it cool for the recommended 15min. for the large pan and I also let it cool further for the minimum one hour - but lets see - the centre of the cake stuck so bad I had to freeze it in hopes it wouldn't fall apart completly when placed on the cake board. At least I knew immediately what my errors were. In the end you wouldn't have known the difference - cake is cake isn't it?
I have two cake projects planned for this week; so there will be plenty of pictures to come. Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment